As a Project Manager, you’re a studio linchpin. You’re vital to the slick running of client projects, and for keeping our project work on track, ensuring deadlines, budgets and expectations are managed, understood and met.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various digital projects, including site launches, online tools, web and mobile applications to name just a few.
We also see you as a studio cornerstone, so naturally you’ll collaborate with our talented dev, client services, support, strategy and creative teams to ensure the efficient running of projects coming into the studio. It goes without saying that you’ll work with our Head of Delivery to work through scoping, planning, and budgeting projects through strategy and insight, design and prototyping, and development and deployment.
What the day to day might look like (your responsibilities!);
- End-to-end digital product delivery through our Explore -> Validate -> Create delivery process.
- Partnering with our client services team to develop proposals for new programmes of work.
- Scoping and estimating projects, creating clear and detailed statement of work documents for clients.
- Tracking project risk and change, maintaining project control documentation through the course of the project, and managing escalation processes as appropriate.
- Resource planning and scheduling of projects – including freelancers.
- Overseeing the project’s financial budget, notifying stakeholders of key cost implications, changes to budget, spending and cost changes.
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Working with the Head of Product Delivery to keep the team on track and motivated.
- Organising and running internal training on websites and functionality
- Working with our QA team to develop detailed acceptance criteria for testing.
- Becoming an ‘expert user’ of industry relevant platforms including; Optimizely (was EpiServer), Wordpress and Umbraco.
- Effectively using (and championing) delivery tools such as Jira and Smartsheet.
- Running weekly production meetings alongside the Head of Delivery.
Qualities that will help you smash it;
- Technically focused, with a background in technical project delivery.
- Experience creating clear, concise and detailed statement of work documents and estimates.
- Experience delivering 6 figure client facing projects.
- Ability and desire to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously.
- Expert user of project management tools (for example Jira, Smartsheet).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills.
- Commercial awareness at all times, to ensure projects deliver financially.
- Confidence to lead teams and work with senior client stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and mentor other members of the team in PM best practice, amongst other things.
- Drive and determination to improve efficiencies wherever possible.