The Digital Executive.
Just finished university? Looking for a job in the ever-changing world of digital?
Apply to be a digital executive and dive head-first into your career.
At Freestyle we pride ourselves on being innovative thinkers and pragmatic problem solvers. It’s all about the attitude, getting stuck in to solve our clients’ challenges, listening and learning so that we can deliver even better next time, being confident and building our skills everyday so that we can all improve.
You are passionate about your work and your development. You are a highly motivated team player with great communication skills and a strong desire to collaborate and succeed.
We are focused on delivering great customer experiences and this role is a fundamental part of this.
You will be the go to person for our clients when they need support with their sites. This can be anything from helping them to log in, uploading content and triaging bugs through to training. This will require you to understand our clients’ web estates and how to get the most out of each site.
You will also be involved with all aspects of testing for new projects and website releases. This is a great training ground to get to grips with CMS systems and our clients sites and will allow you to get involved with the delivery of small projects alongside the support of existing sites.
This role is about learning a language in digital – from client relations to creative production and even development, you’ll become fluent in a vocabulary that will make you feel at home in this world.
This knowledge will allow you to develop your career further at Freestyle with a range of possibilities available to you.
You will enjoy the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment and deploying your skills in innovative ways. We will help you develop your skills to work across the digital framework, from design, build and testing (maybe even a bit of coding), to project and client management skills.
Whilst we don’t expect you to have all these skills today, you will quickly be able to work effectively in the following ways:
- Great communication skills, dealing effectively with clients on the phone and in writing.
- Good attention to detail and attentive listening skills.
- Able to interrogate a problem to discover the best route.
- Experienced at using Enterprise CMS platforms (e.g. Episerver and Sitecore) and Open Source platforms (e.g. Umbraco and WordPress).
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS – in order to be able to make minor amends and better understand the development team requirements.
- Using and developing your marketing skills.
- Experience in customer service experience is an advantage.
Over the course of 12-24 months in this role we would expect you to develop to enable you to:
- Confidently and proactively suggest ways to improve our clients sites
- Understand the principles of good project management practice encompassing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Have a good commercial understanding of client requirements including estimating small projects
We will support you in your training to make this possible and ensure that your development is key.
What our staff say
"Over the past year, I've experienced it all. I’ve written copy and conducted keyword research, I’ve been involved in client meetings and collated reports, I’ve created social media strategies and fixed bugs on websites, I even helped to build this one!
Most importantly, I’ve been involved in projects at every stage - from pitch to build to ongoing support – a chance you’ll rarely get elsewhere at the beginning of your career."