There’s no need for a lengthy, overly formal job description… after all, we’ll do our best to ensure that you receive top-notch training, coaching and mentoring to keep you progressing, learning and developing.
Your role in a nutshell.
As our commercially focused, rockstar Finance Manager, we’ll lean on you to keep us in check financially. We’ll rely on you to provide financial reports, interpret financial information and make recommendations to the Leadership team for further courses of action – which in turn will help us make sound business decisions.
Supported by our MD (who just so happens to be an Accountant!), and our fabulous Finance and Admin Assistant, we’d really like you to take ownership of the Finance Manager role and take responsibility for the financial health of Freestyle.
We’ve got an outstanding team of talented doers; from insightful data experts, super organised project managers, technically awesome developers, inspiring creatives and relationship led account managers…and we will all rely on you, as an integral part of that team to keep us all in line when it comes to the figures!
From cashflow management, to payroll (because we all like to get paid!) to forecasting and budgeting, we’re really open for you to bring fresh new ideas and ways of doing things to the table. There’s a fair few balls to juggle as the Freestyle Finance Manager, and there will be a need to get involved in some admin and operations bits too (with the support of the Finance and Admin Assistant), so whilst we don’t expect you to be a full time jester…the ability to juggle/plate spin will come with the territory,
We appreciate that stepping into a role like this requires specialist skills/experience in the financial sector, excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills, matched with the ability to work autonomously…but rest assured, we’re here to support you via training, coaching and mentoring, which we know will enable you to absolutely smash it!
What the day to day might look like.
- We use Xero as our main accounting software, alongside a spreadsheet or two, so you’ll be nifty using these tools to produce monthly management accounts for the leadership team and year-end reconciliations ready for submission to our accountants.
- Budgeting and forecasting will form part of your monthly activities, working with Account Directors and Project Managers to ensure correct reporting and timely invoicing and that we recognise revenue correctly.
- You’ll also get under the skin of the financials on projects to make sure our internal monthly reporting is accurate, reconciling revenue and projections to be as accurate as possible to enable decision making.
- You’ll take on all aspects of our monthly payroll, including statutory returns, pension payments and all other payroll related matters.
- Keeping our cashflow up to date and performing credit control is an important part of running the finances of Freestyle.
- Managing ongoing relationships with the bank, HMRC, our accountants, insurance, pension and healthcare providers – and setting up any new ones as required. This includes making sure that all the statutory returns are kept up to date.
- Mentoring and coaching of our Finance and Admin Assistant as you both pick up general office responsibilities. This will enable you to stretch your creative muscles to help plan and deliver company events as a side project.
- Pulling together reports and information ready for monthly communication to the whole company.
- Aiding the MD on potential acquisitions, both pre and post-acquisition as we integrate other agencies to build our agency offering.
- Management of fixed assets and the Fixed Asset register, management of software licences and subscriptions to make sure we are both compliant and using our resources efficiently.
- Reviewing processes and possible financial software solutions to keep us up to date and to make it easy for the Freestyle team to use. Presenting information and reports in easily understandable formats and being able to present and explain concepts to non-financial Freestylers.
- Preparation and maintenance of the accounts of our small related property company.
- With an ambition to move to a commercial and business management role and the potential to work on contracts, get involved in pricing internally and on client projects, help pull together tender responses to mention just a few areas, we’ll help you develop your career and really get to grips with all aspects of an ambitious growing agency.
Qualities that will help you smash it.
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- You’ll have some experience of working in a people-based business and enjoy working with a motivated team.
- Part or fully qualified – we don’t have a fixed view on this, but a real willingness to get stuck in and an ambition to grow in your role and help the company grow is paramount.
- If you are looking for a salary around the £35k-£40k mark (depending on your experience) with great benefits and quite a few perks, including 5% company pension contribution, at least 25 days holiday, support for your training and CPD, healthcare plan and loads more (ask us for a full breakdown), then we can deliver.